Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Departure day is close!

Hello all.
I have never used a Blog before... I'm excited!
I thought that I would start of by saying that I'm almost prepared for the trip... I leave in two days!!!! AIEEEEE! It's kind-of nerve-wracking, but I'm extremely calm about the trip, not nervous or scared or anything at all. If anything, I'm super excited! I'm going on a new adventure, who wouldn't be excited?!
So, where am I headed, I'm sure you're asking?! Well, I'll be heading off to Greece first for 5 and 1/2 weeks and then I'm off to Nepal for about 3 weeks. I then come back home for a bit, then I will be heading off to Australia, for a unknown time as of right now. I was mainly focused on getting ready and making sure that Greece and Nepal were set. So, now it's time to focus on solidifying Australia.
Now you're probably wondering when I leave. Well... This FRIDAY! My plane leaves from Boston, Mass at 8:42pm, bringing me to Frankfurt, Germany at 9:32am. (Keep in mind that there's a 6 hour time difference to Germany). I then have a lovely layover for 5 hours, before my plane for Greece leaves! I will have to keep myself busy!
I'm going to be arriving in Greece three days before my internship actually starts, so I can comfortable in Athens before I head to my internship. I will be interning with MEDASSET, which is a sea turtle research and conservation group for all over the Mediterranean. One of their headquarters is in Athens, which is where I will be!
After my time in Athens at the sea turtle conservation I will be heading to Nepal (via Bangkok, Thailand) where I will meet up with my Godmother. We will be visiting a school, where we sponsor a Nepalese girl, and will teach some English to them as well. We will then be trekking for the rest of the majority of the time! I have never gone trekking before, so gathering all the items that I need for that (compasses, walking sticks, leggings, etc...) has been a little bit stressful! I hope that I'm prepared for Nepal!
Well, I think that's all for now. That's what I'm up to! I will do my best to post relatively frequently!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have some awesome plans! :)

    Have fun in Frankfurt... There's no free wifi :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Karissa! It sounds like you're going to be busy! Good luck and have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh Nepal! You and Dylan can compare stories when you get home. He loved Nepal. Can't wait to hear about the first leg of your adventures.
    Love,
    Marybeth

    ReplyDelete